Friday, July 18, 2008

I've confirmed why I am exercising again...


Okay, they say you should be able to laugh at yourself. Well I had a laugh this morning that I know you will enjoy. It's 5:15 am and I am running on the treadmill. I get about 5 minutes into it and the treadmill makes a sudden stop....almost causing me to ram right into the mid bar of the machine. The weird thing was it happened right at the 5 minute mark..,so I'm thinking I just messed up on the time setting. Ok, so I reset it for another 10 minutes and keep going. Not a minute later, BOOM, it screaches to halt again. Again, almost sending me into the mid bar. Now here's the funny part. I've been a cop for 14 years and I put my highly trained self into investigation mode. When I run I have always stayed very close to the mid bar as I've always not wanted to be that guy who falls off of the back of treadmill. So, when I look down at the mid bar trying to figure out why it's stopping suddenly, I see there is a red plastic emergency stop button in direct line with where my belly is when I'm running. Yes, you guessed it, my spare tire was hitting the damn emergency button as I was keeping close to the mid bar. Now in my defense (stop laughing Lali) every machine I've jogged on in the past had a lanyard you attached to your shirt as the kill switch. So after getting over the fact I was a complete dumb ass, and making sure the other people in the gym weren't holding back their laughter, I backed up a bit and finished my run, confirming why I am exercising again.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I have that same problem...but it usually my dick hitting the button.

It's a cross I have to bear.

Lali said...

LOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOL LOLOL LOLOL LOLOL

Turtle said...

Not a problem for me....I just strap mine down to the inner portion of my knee and thigh...